Bad news for the dude who stormed the field at Dodger Stadium to propose to his girlfriend last week … TMZ Sports has learned he’s been hit with a 1-year ban for the stunt.
Ricardo Juarez revealed the punishment to us on Monday — saying he can’t go back to Chavez Ravine for 12 more months due to his impromptu proposal — but, as you can imagine, he wasn’t all that upset over it.
After all, he avoided time in jail … and his girlfriend, Ramona Saavedra, did say yes to his question.
“Yeah, one year,” Saavedra said of her future hubby’s suspension. “But, I mean, he’ll live, right?!”
Proposal gone wrong at Dodger Stadium 💀 pic.twitter.com/qankLwE5sW
— maze (@Mazeaveli) March 31, 2023
Things did look a bit dire for Juarez hours after the dust had settled on the situation, though — because the morning after he took that massive shot from the security guard, he was in a great deal of pain.
Saavedra said she actually had to take him to the hospital — but, thankfully, he was diagnosed with nothing more than just some bad bruising and is OK now.
Juarez also revealed to us the whole thing was not planned at all — saying he had initially envisioned poppin’ the question in the stands … but changed his mind when he saw how close they were to the field.
“He always tries to do everything with a lot of love,” Saavedra said. “He shows a lot of effort.”
The Couple — who’ve been together for 3 years — is now planning to say “I do” in August … and, due to all the exposure the proposal got last week, Saavedra said they’ve been receiving a ton of offers to help make their dream wedding come true.
She also gave us an up-close view of her diamond ring — and it’s beautiful!
Congrats, love birds … now see ya at Dodger Stadium in April 2024?!
For more, tune into the TMZ Sports Podcast available on all podcast platforms!