Madonna says she’s lucky to be alive as she reflects on her major health scare
Madonna has posted another health update following her hospitalization last month with a bacterial infection.
In an Instagram post thanking her family and friends for helping her during the rough time, the singer, who earlier this month postponed her North American tour dates due to the illness, wrote yesterday on Instagram about a gift she received from manager Guy Oseary.
The gift – a Polaroid photo taken by Andy Warhol of artist Keith Haring wearing a jacket with Michael Jackson’s face painted on it (“A perfect triangle of Brilliance,” she called it) made her sob “because I realized how lucky I am to be alive. And how fortunate I am to have known these people and so many others who are also gone.”
The Barbie movie almost featured a “fart opera” scene
Barbie director Greta Gerwig, and editor, Nick Houy chatted with IndieWire on the Filmmaker Toolkit Podcast, revealing a potential fart joke scene that ultimately did not make it into the film.
They both admitted that others didn’t appreciate a planned “fart opera” in Barbie as much as they did, but they hope to try and get a flatulence-related joke or two into future projects.
“We’ve always tried to get in a proper fart joke, and we’ve never done it, Gerwig said. “We had like a fart opera in the middle [of Barbie]. I thought it was really funny. And that was not the consensus.” [IndieWire]
Lady Gaga remembers “real true friend” Tony Bennett
Lady Gaga is remembering her friend, Tony Bennett, in a touching tribute. The 37-year-old singer and actress took to Instagram, sharing her thoughts and memories of Tony, who passed away just a few weeks ago at the age of 96.
Sharing an image of her hugging Tony, Lady Gaga began, “I will miss my friend forever.”
“I will miss singing with him, recording with him, talking with him, being on stage together. With Tony, I got to live my life in a time warp,” she added. “Tony & I had this magical power. We transported ourselves to another era, modernized the music together, & gave it all new life as a singing duo. But it wasnt an act.” [Us Weekly]
- Britney Spears’ sons are moving to Hawaii soon, but TMZ reports the teens won’t meet up with their mom before they go. According to the site, the pop singer and her teens, Sean Preston, 17, and Jayden James, 16, haven’t seen each other in over a year. Now, the boys plan to move with their dad Kevin Federline and stepmom Victoria without an in-person goodbye. [TMZ]
- Harry Styles has a lot of Tattoos, and his collection keeps growing and growing. However, he does have a somewhat surprising one on his upper thigh that is seemingly about his relationship with Olivia Wilde. [Tattoo-seemingly-dedicated-to-ex-olivia-wilde/” target=”_blank” rel=”noopener” title=””>Page Six]
- Zachery Ty Bryan (Home Improvement) was arrested in Oregon on Friday for felony assault against an unnamed woman violating the Abuse Prevention Act. An arrest was made when the police were notified of a domestic dispute between a man and a woman in a residence. Zachery wasn’t home by the time the police came, but was located, taken to jail, and booked. He has not yet been released. [ET Online]
- Cardi B might be in a little bit of hot water over that microphone toss in Las Vegas, as she’s now listed as the suspect in a battery. The woman who was struck by Cardi’s mic when she hurled it into the crowd at Drai’s Nightclub on Saturday … went to Las Vegas Metro PD the next day to report the incident. [TMZ]
- The Real Housewives of Miami husband Lenny Hochstein got engaged to his girlfriend Katharina Mazepa over the weekend. Not surprisingly, his estranged wife, Lisa Hochstein, had something to say about it. [Extra]